Clean And Simple




ETA: Thank you Annie, Sylvia, Karen, Cathy and Vicky. Links to all their blogs via the comments left on CAS.


I am still learning things in the world of forums, and over at SCS there was a thread about clean and simple, CAS, cards with the minimum on them, sometimes only a stamped image, no colouring, nothing.
I like it.
For some time now I have been thinking that a lot of the Sugar Nellie cards we have featured are advanced, these are beautiful cards but very scary if you are just into stamping. With my teachers hat on I would like to request a little homework from all you sugar babes, CAS cards, I feel that we all started somewhere and I often say in class, "keep it simple but do it well". I would love to see your CAS cards, post a link if you are happy for me to copy & paste, I believe that these can be as stunning as the very layered cards and a lot less expensive to make.

Remember that over on the http://www.sugarbowlblog.blogspot.com/ you cards are all very much appreciated and the winner is a random number picked by the computer, your cards are not judged individually, by entering you have as much chance of winning as the next stamper.
We love the fact that you have taken the time to join in and hope that whatever you level of card making skills you pick up some ideas and tips from the other girls.










17 comments:

Annie said...

I like CAS cards and with such fabulous stamps as SN you don't need much more! I read your post this morning and added a post to my blog with a card I made a while back - you can see it here and are wellcome to use it.
hugs, annie x

Ali Watson said...

Feel free to copy any of my CAS cards Karen. I must say this is very refreshing to hear. I was always a CAS card maker before starting my blog however I think we are very much influenced by others work. We all tend to go with the trend instead of being who we really are. Thank you for reminding me who I am.

Sylvia Blum said...

Great idea.. but for me this is VERY hard *lol*
But I gave it a try and if you want to take a peek, you could do it over here:
'Simply Rory'
(not really 'clean', but simple *lol*)

{hugs}
Sylvia

Cathy said...

I have to say most of my commissioned cards are white embossed cards with either an image or embellishment on - rarely sell all my distressed, flowered and layered cards!
I have had a go at making a clean and simple card. You can find it here.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Victoria said...

my card is not c5 but I am happy for you to use as it fullfills the other criteria

Maggie and Hamish with rock pool.

Vicky x

Sylvia Blum said...

ok.. I think this time I managed to do a real 'CAS' card ;-)
Here it is: Wish

Jacilynn said...

I love this idea. I often wish I could see more "simple" cards out there. There are so many really "embellished" cards out there, it's nice to see a card that anyone could create. I'll be back with a card later.
Thanks,
Jacilynn

Karen said...

That was some challenge - I have just about had to sit on my hands to stop myself putting anything more on this card, and you can see it here.

Not a layer in sight - I have stamped the image and sentiment straight onto the Papermania embossed card.

Have had this cute little Maggie for ages and had never used her - I just love her - simple image but she looks great.

Will certainly try some more of these CAS cards.

Karen x

Cathy said...

I have made another CAS today. It is here.
Hugs
Cathy xx

jenny said...

I love the 'CAS' style too! I think they really make your stamped image stand out and shine!!
Had a go at making one for the SugarBowl challenge :0)
Here it is
Jennyxx

Shazza said...

I must sit down and do a CAS card- I have been trying to include more and more papers/embellies recently but sometimes simple is better- especially with such fab stamps

Dawn Wheeler said...

I have made a card like you said if you would like to see it ,
hugs Dawnxxx
http://allpinkgirl.blogspot.com/2009/01/mojo-monday-challenge.html

Sarah said...

I have attempted a CAS card, its not my usual style but I think I may have been converted, you can see it here

Sarah x

Ali Watson said...

I have posted a wee CAS card on my blog this morning. Hope you like. Have a good day.

Beth said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards! I love coming here and seeing everyone's gorgeous work!

Debbie said...

Hi I have posted a CAS card on my blog fo you to take a peak at it.I have used the gorgeous pringle image, if you scroll down past the High hopes card you will find it Here
Thanks for looking Hugs Debbie x

Victoria said...

Loving this CAS theme! You can see my attempt on my blog:

http://cuddlycards.blogspot.com/2009/01/cas.html

I also used this opportuity to try out my new Leanne Ellis stamp! I love these designs! Thanks so much for bringing these to us!

Hugs, Vicky x