Judy's Boys




Good day sugar addicts, now this is what I was looking for. A feature in Craft Stamper magazine using Mary Hall designs for Sugar Nellie.
Judy always says that I give her all the boy stamps, she might be right as Judy has three gorgeous little boys and not forgetting that hubby is cute too *wink*
It does not stop Judy from doing girly things as you can see from her blog and with  99 blog posts tagged as Sugar Nellie, that's a gallery in itself!

Both the cards above and the more recent cards using a Leanne Ellis stamps are showing off the distressed look which I notice is becoming very popular. Mr Tim Holtz has always had a following but I think here in the NE of Scotland, one of his biggest fans and a very popular local craft celebrity Kath, has introduced his style to many a crafter both is our Elgin store Papercrafts and also in Jacqui's Alford store Simply Create.
I have a  TH distressing tool and also those new sizzix dies, the flowers are on my wish list, maybe the bird cage too.....maybe if I can find someone who has them instock! I also have a few pictures of the Sugar Babes in Orlando at CHA with Mr Holtz, lucky for them the picture are not on this computer, hahaha

We, Jacqui and myself, are very luck as shop keepers to have so much local talent who are all willing to help out at demonstration days and classes, it is an important part of having a store and being able to offer your customers inspirational ideas for them to try. It is such a buzz putting classes and demonstrations together and  the elf's in the HOS are getting prepared to bring a little sweetness to Ellon in Aberdeen shire in August.

Visit your local store and see what going on in your area, the Internet is a great source of everything but shops play an important role in crafting too and there is nothing quite like seeing things in the flesh and being able to appreciate colours and textures is there? Tell me about your local store, does it tick all your boxes, does it stock Sugar Nellie stamps and more importantly how often do you pop in and visit?
 Maybe we should have a little vote for your favourite store and send them some sugar..............now there is an idea :)

have a good day girls and take care
Karen

9 comments:

Elaine said...

Fab cards from Judy - as always.
Craft shops in my area?? What craft shops?? I haven't got any that are local.
I love to visit shops and see what I'm buying, but without the internet I'd be well and truly stumped.
(Someone please open up a nice craft shop in the Oldham area!)
Love Elaine xx

Sylvia Blum said...

we don't have any local craft stores that carries rubber stamps or design papers or things like that here.. I'm living in a 'crafting desert' here *lol*
a *hooray* for online shops.. I couldn't exist without them *lol*
Sylvia

Paula (PEP) said...

I've reccently unearthed this article too & was rather encouraged by it as the boy themes are not that easy.
My local craft shop is amazing but doesn't stock Sugar Nellies or similar stamps that require artistic colouring. It's much more paper folding/construction orientated with decoupage. It does have a fantastic selection of card & paper plus punches. I'd be lost without the internet & all that I am learning now & wish I lived closer to you.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Ali Watson said...

Judy's work is always inspirational. and as for our Kath well she is "the" best full of fun and always a funny story to tell. I am one of the lucky crafters to have met this fabby lady at the SECC and I'm privilaged to have so. Living on a small Scottish island i have no craft shops so I have go to Glasgow to Craftworld and YESSS they do stock sweet Sugar now :D :D They run fabulous classes by fabulous demos Cass, Mae and the rest of the talented team. 3 cheers for brick and mortor :D Hugs Ali x

Amanda said...

Two gorgeous cards and notebook! I love my edge scraper/distress tool but so often forget about it. It definitely does not get used enough.
Enjoy what is left of this week!

Kath Stewart said...

3 cheers for Papercrafts and Simply Create...how on earth did we manage before you lovely girls came on the scene and celeb crafter...are you having a laugh Mrs...just an ordinary crafty nut with an addiction to craft shopping and a major fetish for he who can walk on water whilst balancing all 24 distress ink pads in his talented hands...you know who I mean...big hugs kath xxx

Nicki said...

I'm really lucky, I have a new craft shop not to far away in Northallerton, it's called The Paper Lane. They sell Sugar Nellies and have lovely samples on display too.

Nicki, xx

Maz said...

I'm not that keen on my local craft shop (I won't mention names!) - too much kanban, which isn't my thing. I buy most things off the internet but I DO love the instant gratification that a trip to an actual shop brings! I usually go to Crabapple Crafts in Frodsham, it's a bit of a trek but is a lovely shop - never seen Sugar Nellie's there though :o(

Lora said...

I went to my local carft shop in Aberdeen yesterday (The Papeterie) and they have some SN stamps in stock!!.....yay! I have been asking them to stock them for ages and I couldn't believe when I walked in and saw them yesterday :)
Unfortunately I had all the stamps they had in stock already but can't wait till they bring in more ;)
Lora xx