Cute idea.....


An adorable card from Judy using the Worried stamps from Kathy Hare.
My question to you is do you stitch on your cards, I see a lot of stitching and wonder if I sould dig out the sewing machine and join in? I am not usually one for so many layers, CAS, clean and simple is my style, time is always against me.





I have been surfing again * rolls eyes* and when I googled for detail on something I was amazed to find I was reading a tutorial by a crafter not 20 miles form me! What a small world indeed.
Domino's with a stamped image attached, partially, and glazed. This is on my to do list, wow that list is getting too long.Here you will find the link and it would be interesting to see what you make of it before I get around to trying it out. If you google images for Domino pendant, you will see some amazing pieces of art which I do not like to copy in case I upset someone.

Another point I keep hearing myself repeat in the store is, "stock up on stationary goods now while the supermarkets are selling them, cheap as chips!" I have a cupboard full of goodies, packets of crayons, pens, note books with hard covers, post it notes etc, which I am sure I will think of something to do with them when the time comes. If I do I will be sure to share with you all here on the blog.

New Christmas Mangas have arrived in the HOUSE OF SUGAR so just a little cutting and packing to do before these are launched at the same time as we have our "recipe for all seasons" blog hop.

This is the final project for Janiel as she is moving on from the DT to hopefully bigger and better things, we will miss you Janiel but a lady as talented as you will always be in demand in the craft world and we are honoured to have had you as part of our team for the past year.

take care

Karen

13 comments:

Max said...

Hi Karen,
I love to see stitching on cards and projects but personally I can never be bothered digging out the sewing machine so I cheat with 'faux stitching'
I agree that now is the perfect time to grab the stationery bargains in supermarkets as they are overflowing with goodies for the kids returning to school. Only problem is where to store them all LOL!
All the best to Janiel for future success.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Arianne said...

Hi, I'm Arianne and I'm a stitch-a-holic!

PinksyDoodles said...

Lovely cards in this post, although I'm not too sure about the two skeletons!!
I love to sew on my cards, not just to put the layers together, I would also stitch on a single layer card to add texture.
Clare x

Juls said...

Karen I love your cards!!!! As much as I love cards with lots of layers and detail I do love the CAS look......I think I cant decide what I style is me, I just like EVERYTHING!!!!!.......as to stitching its a bit of a hassel dragging my sewing machine out, so I only do that on a very rare occasion, most of the stitching detail on my card is fake...using a pricking tool and a fine nibbed pen!

Hope to be popping through to Elgin next week.......sure I will be buying even more sweet stuff!

Hugs Juls

Janiel/ janny said...

Oh Karen you are so sweet.. THANK YOU for the nice send off.. I have very much enjoyed my time with SN.. I wish you all of the luck in the world..
big big hugs, Janiel

Random Acts of Krafting said...

I so love stitching on cards, I use a machine, and I also stitch by hand.
Hugs
Tanya

Shaela said...

I sew on my cards, but only when I have time, lol! If I know I don't have the time, I make sure to design a card that looks fine without the stitching :)

Riet said...

What a woderful card Karen,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pop's Cards said...

Cant wait for the new mangas, so excited to see what they look like, hugs Pops x

Paula (PEP) said...

If I stitch - it has to be with a needle - daren't let me loose on a sewing machine, don't know who'd be worse off the sewing machine or me. I do like the appearance of it on cards I must say - maybe that's one for the future.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Maureen said...

I sew on almost every card I make! I think it adds some really nice detail. Even just a simple straight stitched border can make a big difference and when I don't sew on my cards sometimes I think they look a little naked! I have my machine out all the time so that it's really easy to use.

Alison said...

I love the look of stitching on cards and on the (very) few occasions that I have done it I have been really pleased with the look. It is, however, one of those things I think 'Ooo some stitching would have looked good on that' after I have finished as I craft on the table so can't leave out my machine!

Linda S. said...

Ha....I could not sew with a machine if my life depended upon it!! And please don't tell my DH that I might (with emphasis) be able to sew a button on a shirt if I really tried hard!! Sewing on cards? Love the look, especially when the lines are 2-3 deep and cross over each other kind of like by accident (or maybe like Linda used the machine). I enjoy doing the faux stitching on my cards, but it never looks as good as someone's real deal. Linda S. in NE