Great JOY


This is a stunning project done by Janiel using Annie stamps designed by Leanne Ellis , find more picture here on Janiels blog.

I don't really have a DIY man in my house "rolls eyes along with anyone who know Cameron" so when I found these from one of our suppliers I thought that I could re work Janiels great project and do it a little different.

So I ordered, JOY, BOO, BABY and SNOW, we might make these into class project once we see how they turn out but if I had some wooden blocks that would be easier, any ideas where to find those?
With only a few weeks until we are full on into Christmas we have a lot of ladies waiting for classes in our store, so with that in mind we could bring then or others to you here online, is it something you would be interested in or is there enough free ideas on the www, what would make you actually try something out. I believe that there are more than enough challenge blogs, can you turn you paper crafting skills to home decor items?

 I love all the other things you can make with your skills and I am more likely to do something decorative than a card, in Ellon we had a box or toffee and a candle decorated ( I realy should have taken photos), we also did make and takes with diaper fold pocket, calender and note pad. I love little things like that and will Christmas only how many days away? I know I will never get everything done that I want to. I even had a thought of having a little craft stall in the store with ready made craft items for sale
 as not eveyone has time and crafty folks love to give crafty gifts dont they? :)
take care
Karen

8 comments:

angelique (anlou) said...

oh my
that's absolutly gorgeous
love the idea
hugs angelique

Unknown said...

Gorgeous work! I am intrigued to see Sugar Nellie stamps featured on the Personal Impressions site! Is there news afoot?

Shaela said...

I love using my papercrafting skills for home decor projects! Super fun and they make fabulous gifts. :)

Linda said...

Hi! Karen,
Just to say thanks for the wonderful day we had in Ellon with all your crafty goodies!! We had such a FAB time!! All the projects were terrrific and as you say the make and takes are just what a crafty person needs!! Yhanks for all the tips and hints and........ Haste Ye Back to Ellon!!

Diane Duda said...

love this!!!

Linda S. said...

I love this Holiday project, and would be very interested in learning how to make home decor items via the internet. I agree with you, there seems to be almost too many challenges available, and with so many entries, chances of winning seem quite slim. Time for something new!! Linda S. in NE

Paula (PEP) said...

This is a lovely idea = JOY lends itself so well & I love what Janiel has done with these images. On line classes are ideal for people unable to get out to classes or who don't have any close enough to where they live. I don't know how much admin would be involved computer wise to doing something on line - but it might be an idea to do a trial run of a small course if the admin & set up isn't too onerous - you have a lot on your plate already Karen.
You are always very enterprising in ideas & I love the way you involve us through your blogging.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Linda S. said...

Hello again, Karen,
I was surfing the internet last night, and found a web-site based in the UK that carried wooden blocks. It is: www.a1crafts.co.uk I also know that here in the USA, HobbyLobby.com sells wooden blocks. Hope I was of some help to you.
Linda Slattery ls4atwindstreamdotnet