Tart It Up or Dress It Down?

Good Morning Sugar Babes.
Have you seen the fabulous sketch on the current Sugar Bowl challenge? Erika designed this one and it's a nice and easy sketch too, right up my street. But because it's quite a 'clean' sketch it gives you the perfect opportunity to tart it up or dress it down. To use your own talents and imagination and 'stamp' your own style on your card.
There's nothing I love more than looking through the Sugar Bowl entries and seeing what everyone makes.

Take one sketch and one image.....


This is Jenny's take on the sketch using the very adorable Hope available to buy HERE. Look at all the fabulous detail that Jenny has added to her card! A beautifully coloured image surrounded by perfectly placed embellishments. This definitely has the wow factor! Jenny sure knows how to 'tart' up a card.

But some crafters like to keep things a little simpler....


This stunning card was made by Janette and it's the total opposite to Jenny's card. Janette has gone for a 'cleaner' look and dressed it down. The image has been kept in black and white with no colouring at all and the embellishments are minimal. And it is equally as gorgeous and definitely has the wow factor too.
One sketch, one image, 2 ladies and 2 totally different and beautiful cards, each one unique to the crafter.
So what are you waiting for? Get your own unique cards entered into the Sugar Bowl. The prize is amazing - as always, and the rules of entry are so simple. Make a card or project using a Sugar Nellie image and follow the current sketch, easy peasy.
If you want to play in the Sugar Bowl but don't have a blog then email your entries to the Sugar Mama herself - Gayle - and she will add your entry into the competition. All details can be found on the blog.
Thanks for looking.
Love Elaine

9 comments:

Karyn S said...

these cards are just stunning!! I really love the card with no colouring - I am definitely going to try this out (colouring takes me ages - at least 1-2 hours per image).

Unknown said...

Reminds me of when I was a wee girl lol. Great cards showing flexability of image. Shirley

Shazza said...

amazing how different the cards can be and I just LOVE the uncoloured one, would never have thought of that
x

Paula (PEP) said...

I agree it's so interesting to see how differently people can interpret the same sketch - even how differently they colour the same image. I think you cannnot but impart a bit of yourself into what you make.
Paula (PEP)

Maureen said...

Hi I'm new to Sugar Nellie...bought my first couple of digi stamps last night but I know they wont be the last...have admired cards other bloggers have made with your stamps for a while and finally got around to doing something about getting some of my own. Sorry for the monologue...I actually came to leave a comment to say I loved both of the cards in your posting although I think the black and white one just inches in as my fave.....I didn't mean to go on a rant...lol !!

Rosalie said...

this is an adorable image, is it a download digi?
If so where can i buy it from - love what you have done, how different one image can look....amazing job. xx

Janette said...

Well, you could knock me down with a feather....I can't believe my card is here...on this blog....omg...fame at last....Thankyou so much for liking my B/W version...now I have to go shout from the roof tops..xxx

Jennifer said...

Lol...I had a shock too! Thought I had landed on my blog by mistake when I saw my card.

Thank you for the kind words about my card and for featuring it

xx Jenny xx

Ali Watson said...

Hellooooo Elaine :D

Fabulous cards!

Ali x